Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Have Heard...

Not a soul would feel the winter
If his words could light a fire
Idle hands and hearts are lifted
To the task that they inspire

And if you care to listen
As the voice of justice roars
Just like thunder from the heavens
Every heart its song implores

My own soul is moved and shaken
From complacency, I run
Though my hands are two, not many
And my voice is only one

But my ears are at the ready
For each story and each word
I will speak for the forgotten
And will let their voice be heard.

There is hope and there is freedom
Where they stand at mercy's door
With a vision of tomorrow
Where oppression is no more

I have heard, and that voice echoes
What is right, and what is true
I have heard, and I will listen
But the question is...will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment