Sunday, November 10, 2013

It Could Be You


My latest creative endeavor...and one that I truly hope will open eyes, change minds, and touch hearts. There is talk of putting together a compilation of music written and /or performed by the talented TC residents, alumni, and advocates. I would LOVE to see that happen. The notion of working with Nahdirah, Michael, Doug, and others is exciting.

In the course of recent developments - especially learning how Lakewood Township really DID sell the Tent City land to developers - I wish I had more to give, in terms of money, or a nice piece of land somewhere. But if this little song of mine can fill the recesses of the human heart - especially those who oppress and discriminate against the poor - let it be so. If God gave me the gift of creativity just so I can use it to help people in need, then I am overjoyed to use it. My Tent City friends have given ME so much - their friendship and love, inspiration, and a sense of purpose. Meeting people who are determined to be the change they wish to see in the world has been one of the most inspiring experiences of my life.

Let it begin with me. With ALL OF US.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for what We all seen coming....:( Maybe pack the van and move south??? I have lived in that town 39 yrs and couldn't live that life any more. I have been to tent city many night's in the past and felt that everyone there was my friend....I pray to GOD our Father that something + Happens

    ReplyDelete